Sunday, April 23, 2006

Before I Turned Inwards


A few years ago, while scavenging for music in the dollar bins, I stumbled across this album by Gravenhurst, "Flashlight Seasons." I initially bought it based on the fact that it was on Warp records, but I was disappointed to find that it was not some glitchy electronic record, but rather a sad whiny British acoustic album. I quickly removed from my cd player and literally tossed into my backseat where it disappeared in the haze of newspapers and trash. Quite some time passed before it was excavated from the backseat and placed back into my cd player again, but oh what a different experience.

I hate writing about acoustic music because I’m always tempted to use cliches like "delicate" or "introspective." I’ll keep it simple, I really like these songs. Listen to them, and tell me what you think.

Damage
Damage II
The Ice Tree

Warp Records
Buy It!

-Popkoff

No comments: