Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sunday Singles: Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me



Friday night I found a single that I have been searching years for, and cheap no less. I was fortunate to come across Low’s rendition of the Smith’s "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Love Me," which of course, is not as good as the original version, but is still well worth a listen. As expected, it pretty much remains faithful to Low’s traditional shoegazer sound, but it is not in such obvious contradiction, as say, their beautiful cover of Joy Division’s "Transmission."

Low:

Side A: Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me (mp3)
Side B: Because You Stood Still (mp3)

Bonus Tracks:

The SmithsLast Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me (mp3)
LowTransmission (mp3)
Joy DivisionTransmission (mp3)

Come to think of it, this probably should of been a Themed Thursday, but whatever, Enjoy!

–Popkoff

No comments: